my 3 week old is vomiting

He has been doing this since I started him on formula. I know its not just him spitting up because he kinda gets the dry heves with it sometimes and it shoots up out of his mouth. He doesnt do it at every feeding but he does do it at least once a day. Is it the formula I am giving him? Should I change it....

jeni0323

Asked by jeni0323 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should see the pediatrician first. It does sound like you need to change his formula though.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes ... I am going to see the pediatrician today.
    jeni0323

Answer by jeni0323 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• he might need soy formula...khalil was allegic to the milk based one
    kiUmY

Answer by kiUmY at 10:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yeah, seeing your doctor would be the best thing. It might be an intolerance to his formula... but there is also the chance of it being pyloric stenosis if the vomiting is very foreceful.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• awww, the poor baby :( I would call doctor ask them for sure. Is he eating too fast and too much at times? Maybe the nipple is too fast of a flow for him? idk..those are the things I would be thinking. My little Aubrey threw up a few times when she went on formula too but quickly adjusted before I became too concerned.Good luck
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• maybe he has acid reflux
    Anonymous

• he may have gastroesophagel reflux my son has it and he has meds he have to tald and i have to put rice cereal in his milk... you have to talk to your dr about it you should try different kinds of formula so see it thats it... if he does have the reflux thing your babys dr may send you to a GI dr who will ask you about it how much....! i should know i deal with it all day long i hate it... he throws up every feed a good about of it haha it sucks i have to change my shirt and his onies many times a day!

btw if his gainin wight good your son DR. may not be worry about it... but if your son is throwing up like ''The Exorcist'' you have to tell your DR that then they may look into it more

if you have more qu about reflux i may can help just message me and i will right you back
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• most definitly
    ladyxavier

Answer by ladyxavier at 1:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2009