Isn't this a little wierd?

Okay, I read that George Tiller, the abortion doctor, was at church, and serving as an usher and handing out the church bulletin when he was shot.

I was just curious as to why Dr. Tiller went to church at all?

I mean what's the point? Seriously?

Thanks for any responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• well seeing as how you're judgmental and casting stones I guess you don't go to church either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You know.. I thought that too. I thought it was a bit ironic for someone who once did partial and live birth abortions to be a man of god.. but hey- who knows for sure besides Tiller himself? He couldve thought him doing those things for women was what god put him here to do. I'm prolife, however NOT religious one bit, so i'm probably in a situation where I cant answer for sure. I do feel for his family, but I hold no remorse for Tiller himself. Thatll probably get some ladies on my tail, but whatever.. i'm not going to lie about it. No tears here...
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• money talks. He obviously wanted a 'career' and a paycheck more than he wanted to uphold his morals and values. Or maybe it was his facade.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Maybe the church he attended was one of the many that are not really Bible believing or Bible teaching churches.

However, how many rapists, murderers, pedophiles, bank robbers, shoplifters, etc are attending churches and we don't know? Only God knows why he could attend church and still be OK with all the torturing & murdering he committed. He obviously had no problem with it. Greed can often make people be in denial about certain things. God is now his judge... sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I was also thinking after I wrote my first response.. was Tiller always a "church goer"? Maybe he felt guilt after all the partial and live birth abortions he had done and started attended to seek acceptance from God?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had a baby out of wedlock...can I still go to church?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Maybe we should leave other people's relationships with God between them and God.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• what makes dr. tiller's job blasphemous?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes ria...the idea is to ask for forgiveness for your sins and then TRY to live as best you can without committing sin. If he was STILL (and he was) killing babies then he was still sinning. And No one is saying you can't OR judging him...Just pointing out irony of it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

very well stated, but it will never happen on here, people think they have an, ahem, personal line to god because they are soooo perfect that they can judge everyone else's relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009