painting help!!

ive painted over my panel. well just primed it but someone told me i had to sand it before i primed it but its to late now. has anyone just painted over panel and its fine? or did i make a big mistake??

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 10:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• yes, you should have used 60 grit sandpaper, you just want to score (rough up) the paneling. It is okay to still do it. Just click on this link and follow the instructions. This will instruct on how to do it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2109717_paint-over-paneling.html
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I've heard that you're suppose to sand over the panels, I think it's to give it a bit of rough texture for the paint to stick to. My best advice is either google it, or admit the boo boo and call Lowe's or Home Depot. They're pretty good with stuff like that, just make sure you ask for the paint dept. If you feel too silly? Call one that you don't shop at much. lol

Good luck
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• see i went to ace and i asked and the paint person told me no he didnt do it. but my uncle said i should have because the paint sticks better. ahhh this stinks im just hoping someone on here didnt sand and it came out fine... please someone LOL
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can still sand it even though you primed already. You can still go ahead and paint it even though you didn't sand it. It is not going to look smooth or anything. It will look like a flat coat of paint. It won't look glossy or anything. Never ask people who work at home depot or other hardware places. Very rarely do those people know what they are doing. It is best to call an actual painter and ask their opinion.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2009