Will my son's tooth just come in normally on its own?

My son lost his front bottom tooth when he was less than two (he fell and the dentist had to pull it cause it was damaged.). now he is 5 and just lost the bottom tooth next to where the other is missing. Will they both just come up naturally? I'm wondering if there is room for both teeth. it doesn't really look like there is. I'm taking him to the dentist soon. Anyone had any experience with this?

jennypenny3000

Asked by jennypenny3000 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would think that both teeth would be able to come in normally, but I think taking him to the dentist is a good idea to make sure that the rest of the teeth didn't migrate over to the empty spot created when he was 2. The dentist should be able to tell if there's enough space and also take X-rays to make sure that all is well. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009