Is stage 2 gerber foods thicker than stage one?

My son seems to like his cereal thicker, so when i give him a jar of stage 1 food he really doesn't wanna eat it so i thought maybe if stage 2 were thicker i would just try that?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• stage 2 is a little thicker. if he doesn't want stage one then just switch to stage 2. My kids never really ate the stage one anyway.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It's not THAT much thicker, to be honest. It all depends on the food or the mixture of certain foods. The ped told me that I could start stage 2 foods as soon as no allergies were detected. She said there wasn't that much of a difference. But if you get a mixture that's way too thick, you can put a little water or formula in it to water it down. I had to do that with my daughter, one of her foods was so thick that even I wouldn't eat it, yuck.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I didn't notice much of a difference in texture. It seemed to me that the biggest difference between stages 1 and 2 was the amount in the container.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• The differences are the size of the container and also because you need to figure out alergies with stage one they beginning mixing the fruits and adding meat. If he likes it thicker then try adding oatmeal with fruits and rice with veggies.

good luck
    J_M_M_MyAirman

Answer by J_M_M_MyAirman at 3:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009