Help with Mops!

Ugh! I am so unhappy with all the mops Ive tried! I must be doing something wrong! What kind of mop do you use and why do you think its best?

Ive tried sponge, string, and a bunch of others I cant remember the name of! Right now Im using a sponge mop and than when the floor is dry I go over one more time with the Swifter damp mop! That seems to work, but I hate mopping twice!

Any advice on mops? Thanks ladies.

mikeysmom989

Asked by mikeysmom989 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I just use the swiffer wet jet. I was also given a swiffer sweep and vac as a house warming gift. So I go over my floor with a Swiffer sweep and vac and then I mop with a swiffer wet jet. If I see that in the corners there is some lint of something, I will get down with 409 spray and a papertowel and get it up. It takes me less than 6 minutes to sweep and mop my floor. I love the swiffer things.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I use the vileda cloth mop. It's fine until I do my kitchen floors, which I hate! because my dog's black hair is like a magnet to it, no matter how much I sweep and get as much as I can up.
    Other than that that's what we use. Occasionally I do the floors on my hands and knees. I used my friends steam mop last week and it was pretty good.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i use the swiffer wet and if it starts to dry up i just put a little 409 on the floor, my mom has a spray bottle with diluted floor cleaner she uses at her house with her swiffer wet. i like being able to get rid of the pad because i have a weird issur with mopping the kitchen with a mop that has been in the bathroom.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I prefer to wash my floors on my hands and knees - my mom raised me to do it this way.
    I use a folded up bath towel for my legs and rest my back frequently. Thankfully, I have a small kitchen, 3 small bathrooms, and just an average sized foyer.
    What I love about washing floors this way is that I can get into every nook and cranny and get the tops of the floor moldings while I'm at it.
    I use one bucket of my cleaning water, another bucket of rinsing water - separate large sponges for each. Once my floors are dry I spray a rag with windex and wipe the whole floor down for an extra shine....I rub the rag around with my feet, though, so I don't have to bend over again...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2009