egg white discharge with blood specks "normal" before period?

my husband and i are ttc. i was fertile according to ovulation kit and physical symptoms around may 23. i am due a period saturday. several preg tests indicate negative. tues and wed i had egg white discharge with a few specks of blood in it. it was thin and otherwise clear, not clumpy or thick. it came off on toilet paper (sorry tmi). i am not hurting cramping itching bleeding or otherwise uncomfortable. called my obgyn's office and the receptionist indicated this is normal before a period. in 17 years of periods i've never had that happen. i did have the egg white discharge very early in both of my pregnancies though, but it didnt have the blood specks in it. anyone else experience this?

pinkbubbles79

Asked by pinkbubbles79 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• That is how I found out I was pregnant with my third baby. I had no other symptoms and I took a pregnancy test on a whim. I didn't think I was actually pregnant. I was on BC and I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy at 20 weeks and I had a 1 year old son at home. A surprise to me that it was positive LOL. But I love both of my kids to death. Surprise or not. I would wait until after you miss your period to take another test. GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES TO YOU ON TTC.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• thanks! when you had it, did it have the blood in there? it was almost like 3 little threads of blood. that's the best way i can describe it because it wasnt clots or clumps. very weird!
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009