My 11 month old is becoming a little monster...

My 11 month old baby daughter is my precious little angel... but lately she is starting to become a little brat BIG TIME. She has recenty started hitting everybody. I mean she will haul off and slap you in the face. When she does this I grab her hand, look her straight in the eyes and say "NO" in a very firm serious voice. But as soon as I let her hand go she does it again & smiles. Not only that but I think she has an anger problem. I know that sounds funny when talking about a baby. But seriously, lastnight she was being very whiney. I knew she was sleepy but she jus wouldnt go to sleep. So I layed her on the bed nex to me, gave her a bottle, she kept throwin the bottle down & trying to get off the bed. Everytime she would do this I would lay her back down. By the 4th time of me laying her down, she got so mad that she screamed at the top of her lungs,started kicking her legs & shaking really bad in anger. Advice anyone?

Lextacy

Asked by Lextacy at 10:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a normal 11 month old! She's entering the "toddler years"!! My 11 month old is starting to do some of the same things. Yesterday she hit me in the face with a toy and gave me a pretty long scratch. I took the toy away, said "NO" to her, and put her on the floor for a few minutes. I was ticked off, but was able to calm myself down. It's frustrating.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009