egg white discharge with specks of blood in it "normal" before period? (posted in ttc also)

my husband and i are ttc. i was fertile according to ovulation kit and physical symptoms around may 23. i am due a period saturday. several preg tests indicate negative. tues and wed i had egg white discharge with a few specks of blood in it. it was thin and otherwise clear, not clumpy or thick. it came off on toilet paper (sorry tmi). i am not hurting cramping itching bleeding or otherwise uncomfortable. called my obgyn's office and the receptionist indicated this is normal before a period. in 17 years of periods i've never had that happen. i did have the egg white discharge very early in both of my pregnancies though, but it didnt have the blood specks in it. anyone else experience this?

pinkbubbles79

Asked by pinkbubbles79 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Health

• my first pregnancy and 3rd pregnancy I had this. I would wait a few days a take another test...or go in for a blood test. Blood tests are much more sensitive. also my 4th pregnancy and last, I had taken tests even the early prediction ones, all came up negative even after being 3 days late.
    5 days after I was late I about puked over the smell of some cheetoes my husband was eating...That was how I knew I was pregnant with my son!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• thanks, that really makes me hopeful! i'm trying not to get too excited but i know it's definitely not something i've experienced with a period ever before.
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009