Why did all these miraculous things happen in the Bible but they don't happen now?

Why could someone survive in the belly of a whale in the Bible, but now it's not even logically possible? Why could someone walk through a fire and come out unscathed? Why could someone part an ocean but we all know that's not humanly possible today?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've always thought that myself. That's why i want to start going to church, to get the explanation for things like that!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 11:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i have wondered the same things myself. if you find out, let me know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I agree, many things i find questionable...and everytime my SO and I ask questions, were told to pray on it....its quite aggrivating..i think im gonna make a list of what i want to ask and post it on here tonight, because most ladies seem to be able to give the exact quote and explanation....good question tho
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• That's cuz the bible is a novel... better referred to as buy-bull for those who believe it to be a work of NON-fiction...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Lol, it doesnt matter if you ask a priest or some one else. They cant give you a reason to anything. No logical explanation of anything weird on the bible. that is because they them selves do not have the answer and they know it was never real. The bible is a joke made up from a bunch of loser men who did not have anything else to do when they where bored. This is why so many catholics, christians are leaving there religion and becoming Pagan and or wiccan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Because the Bible is a book of myths and legends, just like all the other holy books and books of myths and legends.

Duh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have news for you...miracles happen on a daily basis. for example...how did it happen that I was going 75 MPH down a HGWY lost control and ended up perfectly parallel along the road without a scratch on my body? How did I fall ( 7month pregnant) from a chair while putting the star on the Christmas tree, went to the hospital, doctors couldn't find a heart beat. I prayed and the heart beat was there the next day? Recently a lady was told her baby was dead and the doctor wanted to perform a D&C. She refused and the next day the baby was alive? About 5 years ago a boy was lost in the woods for a few days he came out just fine. A decade or so ago a woman was diagnosed with a cancer. the doctors said there was no hope, she rubbed a medal of mother Theresa on her belly and the tumor disappeared. God performs miracles every single day. You must open your hearts and mind to him to receive and live the miracles of our good Lord.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• anon :29, it is just fine to not beleive in a certain relgion or book but must you make fun of a scared book and call it joke? I don 't call pagan spells never real. No need to be mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Often when God begins something new He will use a dramatic miracle to begin that work. Think about it, there is a group of people who don't know this God. They may have other gods or idols, but they don't know the God of the Bible. They can't see Him, His existence can't be proven using logic, so how would He best get their attention. Through dramatic displays of His power.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know, but I don't think the Bible is a load of crap. I believe there are a lot of things that happen in life that are unexplained.
    starmomie

Answer by starmomie at 11:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009