when is it ok to start preparing baby's room

i was just wondering when it was ok to prepare baby's room. like setting up the crib and other things. the room was already painted a neutral color to match with the baby winnie the pooh things i have. and i found out i'm having a boy. we're getting the crib and amoire tomorrow and was just wondering if it was ok to set it up now. some people tell me to wait till i'm 9 months (i'm 5 1/2 now) but i'll start school agian in august and i want to have everything ready by then so i can concentrate on school work cause i'll be giving birth mid semester. i'm due oct 25. what should i do?

Asked by babywoca at 1:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• We set up the crib the week before I gave birth. Only because my hubby was gone to Iraq and I didn't have help moving anything. :) I would wait until you are ready because your mind can change on decor and everything. Also, wait until your so far along that you can just SIT and make evverything move around. You just point and tell!

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• U can set if up as soon as u start gettin everything you want in there, whenever ur ready go for it! Better to be ready than runnin around last minute!

Answer by haylismama at 1:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think you can decorate any time after you find out what the gender is... since you say the baby is a boy, I'm sure that that is the final answer (it's kind of hard to miss, if it's a boy LOL) So since you know for sure, then you can start decorating any time.

Answer by pbjmomi at 1:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• you should honestly wait intil you are about 7 months at the earliest. doing it too early isn't always good. just in ccase some thing happens which i pray it doesnt. but if you want to do his room atleast wait another month

Answer by JerzisMommy at 2:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• As soon as i found out i was having a boy i couldnt stop myself from gettin everything ready lol! I spent almost all my tax return on baby stuff! But it kinda sux now cus i gotta look at it all wishing the baby was already here to go in it haha! He is due in august!

Answer by Rohrig at 4:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If you are like me, the more things you get done and the sooner they are done the better you feel. especially since you are going back to school in august, you probably will want to have it done before then. It is a big enough project without adding the stress of school into it :)

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I'd say start now. Traditionally it is said to wait until you are 3 months along, because that tends to be a milestone in assuring the baby is healthy.

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think you'd be fine to start now. After the first trimester is over, the risk of anything bad happening is quite minimal.

Go on, get excited and decorate if you wish:)

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 10:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• HI there,
    I think after the first trimester you should go for it. Have fun don't worry and do not wait till the 9th month.

Answer by bumpfashion at 4:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2008