what to do for bday and ann.with not much money?

I'm a stay at home mom.hardly ever have money cuz i don't work and he don't give me money just to have.Any way we have a 4yr old daughter we are fixing to have our 5yr ann we are not married and his bday is coming up.his bday is june 10th our ann. is june 12th.my friend is giving me some money for somethings but its only like 20 bucks so i am on a short budget.what would u do? i want to get him something but i am going to have to be cheap.i usually get him a card and a shirt or cologne or something.any tips,ideas or something cheap or something to do without money let me know.thanks.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• What about making him a scrapbook or photo album? Put in it some of your favorite pictures - pictures of you both together, pictures of your child, pictures from any trips/holidays/fun times.... I'd also make the day special by making a nice dessert and cooking some of his favorite foods.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Use that 20 bucks for pizza and send your 4 year old to a baby sitter or grandparents (if possible)
    get a cheap bottle of wine and just relax and enjoy each others company like you did when you were dating. Talk, laugh and cuddle Thats all free!
    lynda5

Answer by lynda5 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• what about a candle light dinner with just the 2 of you. fix something that you have on hand and dress up nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• good ideas so far.thanks.i usually do dress up and cook something nice or we go out to eat somewhere.i have pics but most of them are on cds where we have digital cameras and keep pics more than print any out.he doesnt drink but i do occasionally.and the babysitting part is possible also.keep the ideas coming.
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't buy gifts for adults. I think it's silly, however, I might make their favorite dinner or bake their favorite dessert. I might babysit for an anniversary. You might make a nice picnic dinner and get a sitter and spend the evening eating out at some great park. As for kids, I spend time with them. I look up ideas online. As a retired teacher I look up lesson plans and they have great craft ideas. So we might bake bread or brownies or read a book or take an adventure through the nature park. Kids don't remember most gifts you give them but they always remember the time you took them and did....(anything) with them.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• this is for me and my boyfriend for his bday and our anniversary.we have a kid but its not for her she may go to a sitters.i think u misunderstood admckenzie
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009