How long do babies have bad gas? Does it get better after a few months?

My 6 week old has struggled with gas since she was 1 week old. We do the Mylicon drops and Enfamil Gentlease formula, which make it somewhat better, but she still gets extremely fussy and difficult to console. Putting gentle pressure on her abdomen helps somewhat, but she is still straining and stuggling alot. Will it get better after 3-4 months?

leahs_mom_kate

Asked by leahs_mom_kate at 11:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter will be 3 mos on the 13th and she has gotten better about being gassy. She used to scream and scream but now she just fusses a little if she's gassy...or trying to poop.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yeah it took my son a couple months. Once they learn to burp themselves and push out "toots" it gets better!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my son is the same way. try pushin her knees up to her belly and holding them there, that'll push the gas out. My soon will b n midcry and as soon as i do that he stops and sighs then starts dozen off lol
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009