I AM 26 WKS PREGO SAUCE AND 1 DAY!!!!!!!!!!! lol. im just excited. BUT ANYWAYS, question: can i dye my hair ? or should i wait til my booboo is born, after?

victim0fyrsmile

Asked by victim0fyrsmile at 11:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is safe to color your hair you just have to be careful about inhaling the fumes....when i was preggers my stylist had a fan blowing towards my face to blow the fums backwards....
    mlmartinez

Answer by mlmartinez at 11:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I color my hair all the time. Im 24 weeks today and I even asked the doctor about it, and she said it was fine
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It's really up to you, I dyed my hair once when I was pregnant and I got a really bad allergic reaction and my doctor told me that sometimes it can happen with all the changes your body is going through.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can dye your hair but the color may not take the same way as it did before you were pregnant because of the hormones just make sure your hairstylist knows you are pregnant and that the area is well ventilated.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 11:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ohh no....

i was told by 2 doctors to NOT dye my hair UNLESS you get special dye that is made for peggo women. i cant remember what it is called...its no tjust the fumes you inhale but the chemicals that get int your scale/skin. it can be dangerous for the baby. the dye that is made for preggo women, ehh you'll have to google it i dont remember. but i was told strictly NOT TO DO IT because i asked my doctor specifically and asked another doctor who was not treating me just a friend
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My doctor told me not to color my hair during the first trimester as the dyes that are absorbed into the skin can cause problems. However, that being said, my BF dyed her hair with both her kids several times during her pregnancy and never had an issue. I would wait till the second trimester at least just to be safe but I imagine if you stay away from the fumes after the baby is mostly developed it wouldn't be as big of a deal.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yea they also say dont drink smoke and some women do anyways and their babies seem fine. but you want to take that risk?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well, my doc told me highlighting is fine but not all over color. The foils don't touch your scalp and if you do a pull through cap the color sits on the cap. He said not to do all over color until second trimester because the dye sits on your scalp. The chemicals aren't so much absorbed through your hair as they are your scalp.
    catmiller520

Answer by catmiller520 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My doc said that it is fine after your first trimester. He said that studies have been done and that it is safe. I would ask your doctor to see what they say.
    Cupcake775

Answer by Cupcake775 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Thank you all :) Ill just wait til my baby is born.. just to be on the safe side..!! Im due in like 3 more months or so.. and this pregnancy goes by soooooooo quick!! ill wait it out :) thanks!
    victim0fyrsmile

Answer by victim0fyrsmile at 9:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009