Difficult Sister please help!

My sister is a difficult soul. The other day I sent her a cute Chakra quiz on facebook and she replied with quoting scriptures from the Bible about how it is not from the Bible. She is kind of an extremist. I replied by telling her to lighten up. Then she called me on the phone to tell me that she was just trying to explain some stuff to me and that she wasn't freaking out. I said "okay, I understand you, I see what you are saying." And she replied "I don't think you do understand me." And we continued to discuss it which turned into a big argument. Now that I look back at it the conversation shouldn't have gone any further than that point. But what do you do when a person isn't satisfied with you saying "I understand." When there is really nothing else to say. I know she would like for me to listen to her some more but I'll just say the same "I understand." And she still wouldn't be happy. She's pregnant so i want to be nice.

Tickledtrauma

Asked by Tickledtrauma at 11:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• i would apologize for making her feel like you weren't listening... even if you were. I have a sister that is very close to me in age and we disagree on a lot of things, we just have come to realize that we might not feel the same about everything, but that's ok! just agree to disagree...
    RickyKae

Answer by RickyKae at 12:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• you can still be nice jus tell her that you were listening and maybe even repeat/rephrase what she said so that she knows for sure you were listening and jus leave it as that. your right there was really no need for anymore then that,but sometimes it happens. i especially know this cuz i been in arguments that get way blowin out of proportion but i do realize that even though i think im right or i jus wanna get my opinion or defend myself i jus need to stop the argument on my own and jus not say anything....even though i dont think its fair i cant voice myself but sometimes its jus the best way to end arguements. even if you werent tryin to argue...doesnt matter....it might have been takin the wrong way. and its so much better to jus not say nothin then to argue
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009