we need to know,,,,,,

my daughter asked me why are most girls going together to the school dance but they haven't asked her to go with them, she said that no one is angry at her .she doesnt feel that someone in that group hates her for any reason. She just doesn't know why she wasn't asked if she wanted to go with them. They all talk in school and all. She doesn't feel too sure about asking them why. can anyone here help me help her with maybe finding a reason. they haven't asked her, please she just needs to know thats all. Thanks in advance.to all.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 11:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Maybe they are assuming that she will go without asking. In high school me and my group of friends never asked, there was a dance we new we were going together. The other option is maybe she said something that made them think she didn't want to go. Idk just some ideas.
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 11:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Honestly...and im sorry if this offends you, but it could be one of two things..maybe...one they just forgot, or just didnt realize that they didnt ask her...

OR

Theyre into things outside of school that they know your daughter isnt into...take that for what its worth...THEYRE girls...you know it could be ANYTHING!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• they probably think she will go with them anyway. why don't she ask them a simple question like what time do ya'll want to meet before the dance or something like that? i am sure it is all in her head.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• do you think that maybe they just weren't thinking and it slipped their mind by accident to invite her?
    Do you think that maybe they are not as friendly as you once thought? Are you sure they are really your friends and they are not playing you?

I was in school not that long ago and know from experience kids can be very cruel. I though I was friends with this group of 3 girls but every time we talked I always got these looks like, what is she saying, what is she doing here, why won't she go away. Uninterested looks. finally I found out that they were just putting up with me for some reason or another. I never really found out why. They were just being cruel.

but maybe they just didn't think about asking you...By pure mistake.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yeah, I think you are probably all right maybe they thought they asked her and forgot . or mabe they are into something out of school that they know she won't be into. I mean in school she saids they treat her pretty good. Thanks again
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They may have assumed that she was invited and would be going or that she couldn't go because she didn't say anything. She needs to ask her friends what is going on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I agree with everyone else,they may have forgotten,or thought she was going with someone else,on the same note,she can either ask them can she go,or just show up.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• So she's feeling left out but wants to be a part of it? She needs to make herself a part of it!

Would it be possible for her to just assume she is invited, and to make sure that assumption goes over well, maybe you could have the girls over some pre-party photos and drinks? Or maybe say to one or two of the girls - do you need a ride? My mom/dad are taking me and could easily pick you up? She could even just ask what they are wearing... and mention what she is wearing and/or ask their opinion about one outfit or the other, etc.?

If she wasn't invited, they likely won't say something (if they do - there was probably an issue between them, so might as well iron it out) - and most likely, if she reaches out to them, some or all will reach out to her. It could well be they aren't talking to her about the dance if she hasn't mentioned it, or they assume she is going with others.

PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 7:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2009