How will you feel when say disney movies or kids shows start having the girls like girls and the boys like boys?

And this is what your child is watching. Because I'm sure this will happen someday if gay marriages get passed.
This is a serious question, and not to start drama but just wondering if you will be okay with it? If this is brought up as the norm? Say on Hannah Montana she had a crush on her best friend who is female? Or if on spongebob, patrick likes spongebob.

Seriously, how would this make you feel?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont think its going to happen but if it did and my dd liked it i would let her watch it, tv and all that has no influence on people. thats just something stupid that someone made up some day to get out of trouble and have something to blame their stupid acts on. i would love my dd gay or straight so why not let her watch the show? i dont think it will influence her either way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i can't speak for the other mothers but i would have to say i would not let my child watch it. it is against my religion.
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'd be fine with it. Whatever. I completely support gay marriage. I think they should start showing more gay relationships on TV, instead of having it remain a taboo, as if it doesn't happen in real life. Kids that are sheltered from such things will get a rude awakening when they're adults.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would not want my young child watching a show where the characters are dating.

When she is older, and watching television shows where people ARE dating (which, I assume these shows would be geared towards teenagers), then she is old enough to have an open mind about different relationships.

It is up to ME to choose what my child watches. She won't be watching shows where dating is an issue until she is old enough to understand exactly what being in a relationship means. It matters not if a person likes someone of the same gender, or of the opposite gender.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It wouldn't bother me.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 11:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Nope; could care less...

1.) They're going to learn about/see it eventually
    2.) I talk to my kids about what they are watching...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We don't have cable anyway.I purchase shows and movies by dvd's for my kids so I have full knowledge of what they are veiwing.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would be fine with it. I have explained gay people to my 5 year old already. We were watching a show on Discovery Health about 2 women that were a couple and they both were having twins. She asked me where the daddys were, I told her some kids have 2 mommys and no daddy and some kids have 2 daddys and no mommy. She asked why and I told her that "you know how daddy and I are married and we love each other?" she said yes, then I told her that sometimes a woman loves another woman, and a man loves another man. Then said that that is just fine because who we love is our decision and no one elses. She seemed perfectly fine with it, which is how she should be. So why would I care if it was on Disney, but it won't happen any time soon there are still WAYYYYYY too many closed minded people in this country.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i'm confident that i will not be able to control everything my children see and hear in this world no matter how much i'll try, the best i can do if talk about it with them and equip them with knowledge.........................knowledge is power!

Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would be fine letting my kids watch shows that show gay relationships. My kids know several gay couples. We discuss that people love who they love, straight or gay.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009