How do i get my son to stop grinding his teeth?

my son is almost 2 and he has recently started grinding his teeth. he doesn't do it out of stress or tension, just whenever he feels like it. should i be worried about his teeth and is this pretty normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine did it from the time he had two teeth to grind together until he started school. All I can say is wait and he might stop eventually.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know if it's the same situation, but my daughter was doing this for a while, the sound was horrible and i would always react.   The more i would cringe and tell her to stop, the more she would do it (and sometimes smile as she was doing it.)   I ignored it completely and after a few times of doing taht, she has stopped.

sophiesmom07

Answer by sophiesmom07 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my kid did it and i called the doc and they said that when there doing it to distract them, and that its really nothen to worry about cause those teeth are going to fall out any ways lol (i hate that part) but yea and that there probaly doing it cause they know there is something goin to change or something stressing them out my kid did it when ever she wanted not when she was stressed or anything like that and gess what im now i am 6 months prego i gess she knew i was prego and that is what was stressing her out
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009