Is there a such thing as work from home and it really works?

shonet05

Asked by shonet05 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• No- if some one tells u to go to their website u usually have to invest ur own money to start with no promise that u will be successful. Try childcare with 1 other child @ ur home- put ads up @ local grocery stores for free on bulletin boards. Tell ur neighbors if they need somebody to take their child off the bus that ur looking for extra money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I work at home and it works for me....I baby sit and sell avon, I make more baby sitting though. I enjoy it too.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Only if you open your own business like a daycare or invitations, something you can do from HOME. But all those WAH jobs are fake, they cost money and in order to make money you have to spend money. And sometimes your spending more than your making so it's not worth it. I've tried 4 different WAH jobs and I got people to sign up but they never bought anything, one person did and in order for me to get my commision I had to buy at least $100 worth of product so I spent $100 and only received $28 for my commision, didn't even out at all! I also tried a candle WAH job and they only gave me discounts and $.28 for every $30 that was spent by someone, $.28 what the hell, it was horrible. Avons didn't work because everyone out here does it so they buy from their selves. I also tried the juices but they work the same way, you have to spend a certain amount in order to make money, you have to spend that amount every month!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Theres money in transcribing medical records..you have to take a class i think though......
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes. There are lots of opportunities to work from home and earn money. There is everything from a Work at home Job where you work for a company to work at home businesses where you work WITH a company and then there are things like GPTs (which I advise against) and then there is stuff like drop shippers that let you sell their products and pay you for the difference... It all comes down to you. What do you want to do? How much do you want to earn? And are you willing to really work for it? Working at home isn't as easy as it sounds. It can be difficult. But IMO a home business is better than any regular job.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• There are scams out there. But that's where other wah moms come in at. Chances are if there is some scam out there the woman here can help you spot it. You should never pay to have a JOB, but sometimes they will require you have special equipment or that you pay for background checks. Now, with a home business there are fees, overhead and/or product costs. But that doesn't mean that they are scams. We all know that companies like Avon, Tupperware and MaryKay are for real no one would ever call them scams, right? Well they all require you to pay to start and there are fees for catelogs, websites, products, samples and then you have to really work to make money. BUT there are also people out there making good money with them. They are far from scams. They are home businesses. You are paying to purchase a franchise. Just like you would with SubWay accept that this one runs out of your home.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yeah, all of those MLM's like mary kay, and pure romance etc... are all about recruiting, and spending money---only the people at the top make good money. I am a consultant with Green Irene and I love it. BUT--I didn't get into for the money. They aren't really big on recruiting, but you do have to pay to start up. I do it because its something I truly believe in, and I offer a service, not products. there are a lot of companies that allow you to telecommute. I made a pretty decent living as a copywriter, and technical manual writer-but I was an independent contractor and only made money when I completed assignments. As a manual writer I was making about $6000 per month and worked about 55 hours a week. there is no easy money though, especially with MLMs.
    Anonymous

• I personally have 3 home businesses. 2 of which I make good money with - the third I'm really just with for the residual and the discount I get for me and my family...  IF you are really interested in finding a work at home opportunity just let me know! I would be happy to help you find one that fits you, even if it's not one of mine!

You should also check out http://www.sabrinas-closet.info/. I have a list of home businesses and home jobs there that can help you earn an income from home. As well as some great information and other stuff like Charities. Everything there is legit. I have checked it all out. So, really it's all up to you. IF you are willing to work from home, yes, you can make great money.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It all depends on what you want to do.  I have created a series of work from home articles on eHow.  They contain great resources, links and information.    If you'd like to read them, you can check them out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Articles

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009