What is the best way to get stains out of a couch?

The leak proof sippy cups still leak! lol. My couch is full of leak stains from my son's sippy cups, does anyone know how to get them out without damaging the material on the sofa?

mindyf12

Asked by mindyf12 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Spend 90 bucks and call a professional who has the proper training and equipment to clean it correctly, removing the spots, and not screw up the fabric.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If your child is past the age of 2, the only beverage he needs is water (which doesn't stain).
    Anonymous

• Turn the cushions over LOL
    Anonymous

• You could try commercial furniture fabric cleaners in the spray cans that may also have a scrubber on the top...follow the directions, though.
    You could call a furniture store to see what they recommend...perhaps they have a product that is tried and true.
    I'm also wondering if that Oxy Clean stuff would work on sofa fabric, too. Read the container at the store to see.
    You can always call in a professional to clean it and ask them to also cover it with Scotchguard to help prevent future stains from setting in.
    You may not want to hear this...and I apologize, I'm not trying to be rude....but a rule we have always had in our home is that there is to be no food or drinks in the living room or in bedrooms ever. We never had to worry about stains. I just wanted to share. :)
    Thanks for the info about the leak proof sippy cups - I want to buy some for my granddaughter.
    Best Wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2009