Headcount-How many stay@home Moms r on this site?

My hubby's family thinks Im the only Stay @ Home Mom in my State. His family doesnt understand that I can take better care of r baby then a stranger/daycare would. I also would never make enough money to justifiy the cost of paying someone who isnt going to love him the way I do. I had a horrible experience with a bad sitter for my oldr child, so we dont have to worry about that now. Headcount how many of u r STAH-MOMS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 1 here.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Me!

As long as you and your dh agree about you staying home, that is all that matters.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm a SAHM of 3
    WvMommyof3

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm here to lol

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 11:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Me!

I'm like you, no stranger can raise my child and love her like I can. Plus, any job that I can get would only pay enough just to cover the cost of daycare, and that is ridiculous. Don't feel bad. It's not up to your parents or in-laws. That is just between you and your hubby. :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• me! I'm a HUGE advocate for staying at home. I think it's horrible for your husband's family to think they have a right to disrespect your decisions for your own children. I think more moms should stay home if they can. I hate society's view that it could be unrewarding at all or not fulfilling for a mom to not also have a career. I did work until after I had my second child and I felt completely like someone else was raising my child. I worried about him being taught things I didn't like and how impossible it would be to correct that at such an impressionable age... when he's just establishing the most basic of functions. It's up to you and your husband and I think staying home with your kids is noble and should be applauded. :)
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am a SAHM and will be till my kids go to school (or not, I might home school for the first few school years). Then I am most likely going back to work. In the mien time so my resume doesn't get a big empty spot, I am enrolling in college to train for a different field since the one I have already gone to college for is collapsing (auto industry). It is all perfect timing for me.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am!! I used to work in a daycare, I rather watch my kids myself!!
    ccpniowa2007

Answer by ccpniowa2007 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm a SAHM of 2 and my DH will not let me go to work, at home they can get 1 on 1 with me to learn and if I were to go to work I would only make enough to pay for daycare, so I would be basically working for free! Sometimes it's boring but I wouldn't trade it for anything, not to brag but my kids are so smart. Even my MIL said they are advanced and she runs a day care with 12 kids a day from 6am to 5pm, it's hard for them to get 1 on 1 time. SAHMs were the best!! LOL Not saying working moms are bad, I'm pretty sure they would love to stay at home with their kids!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 11:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• MIL runs a daycare and the kids there call her mom, I would hate for my child to call someone else mom, that would break my heart. She tells them "no I'm miss Joan remember" one kid even cried when his mom came to get him from daycare. If I HAD to work I would leave my kids with a family member, a stranger is too hard for me. Anyways just had to mention this!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 11:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009