Should i be worried if i havent felt any movements from baby at 18wks along??

Audra_Lynne

Asked by Audra_Lynne at 11:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• some people don't really feel them until around week 20-22. You may have felt it and not even realized it. That happens sometimes. You may have thought it was just gas. If you are really worried about it then go see your doctor. But I think you will feel baby kicking in a couple of weeks or so.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I didn't feel anything with either of my pregnancies until around 20 wks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• no
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't think so, every pregnancy is different. I thought I felt "bubbles" or little movements at 16 weeks and thought it was the baby but it was very spreaded out...maybe it was gas! LOL. But I really didn't start feeling him move until I was 20 weeks pregnant, but I've read some are later. It's an amazing feeling though knowing you're carrying a life inside of you. congrats on your pregnancy!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• There is no reason to be worried. Most women especially the FTM do not notice any movements in their tummies to around 20+ so weeks. It may take even longer to finally feel your LO moving if you have anterior placenta (calm down everybody it only means that the placenta is attached to the front wall of the uterus and its completely normal) that works like an additional pillow ad make it harder to feel the kicks.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 12:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Don't worry sweetie. With mine I didn't really feel him until around 20 weeks. Even then I wasn't sure it was him until it happened consistently. Make sure you let me know when you do cause it's exciting! XOXO
    lvlymummy08

Answer by lvlymummy08 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 7, 2009