how many times a 10 months old baby has to answer his name?

My almost 10 months old baby (adj age 8 months 3 weeks old) only answer his name sometimes, no all the time....if he is watching tv or playing with some toys and you call him, he did not look at you as a response.....i trie all day long and i got only some answers...is he normal? how many times does he have to answer me? My husband said that i have to stop calling him all day because he will thinks that it is a game, but i am a little worried about this because i read that autism babies do not answer theirs name....could that be an autism sign? Do autism babies answer their names sometimes or never? sorry for asking that but i can not take off my head those worries... thank you so much...also just now, he starts babling...he is doing te-te-te or ba-ba-ba, he is crawling, standing up...smiling me back,laughing really good when his brother plays with him, enjoys peek-a-boo and he is trying to wave bye-bye (sometimes)...thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is doing all of the things listed at the bottom, I dont think you have anything to worry about, if you are go to the Dr. tell him your concerns...If he is watching tv or something he is tuned nto that and not you...that is normal, my kids are 7,9 and 16, if they are watching tv or playing a game, they dont hear me call them.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• maybe because you call his name so often, he doesnt yet realize that you are trying to get his attn. with all the things you listed at the bottom,it doesnt sound like anything to worry about. but does he react to other sounds?? like something drops and he looks in that direction?if you are so concerned bring it up to the dr, n maybe test his hearing. sounds fine to me tho
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 12:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Lol, they hear you, they just don't necessarily want to repsond. 10 months is very young and I wouldn't worry about it.

OP's had some good suggestions for you.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009