pulling up

My son is 6 months old and he acts like he wants to pull up on things but we really dont have anything for him to pull up on. Most of our house is hardwood floor, and what is carpet has nothing that he can use. What do you use to help them pull up on. Do they pull up more when they are sitting, or on their stomachs?? Our couch and stuff like that is on the hardwood, so I know hes gonna fall if he tries that. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him try to pull up on the hardwood, just get him socks with grippy things on the bottom. You'd be surprised. We moved to a house with hardwood floors when Kaylee was 8 months old, right when she started pulling herself up, and she did fine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have foam flooring that I got from costco...usually comes in interlocking squares. Babies r us has a cute alphabet (36sq') mat that I think is on sale. In any case its a life saver for me because I have hard wood and tile. You get addicted to buying them though...pretty soon my whole house will be covered in foam. My MIL finds them at garage sales and there real easy to clean. We plan on making a gym in the basement and using the flooring in there when my DD is done with them.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have all hardwood floors in my house and we got some foam mats with letters and numbers on them that hook together like puzzle pieces. We put that in her room and let her crawl there. How she started to pull up was by sitting up, and she would hold onto both my hands with hers and she pulled up that way. we just moved the mats to wherever we were so she could crawl on something softer than hardwood.
    smilegrrl07

Answer by smilegrrl07 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009