Is it harmful to the baby to get a piercing in my ear while im pregnant???

I'm a huge fan of piercings, and typically a quick healer, so i was wondering if it would be any risk to me or the baby if i got a new piercing in my ear/ears.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can get your ears pierced, as long as it is by a professional and you don't do it yourself. You have to be careful to keep it clean to decrease your chances of infection.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• when i was prego i went to get my ears done and they refused to do them because i was preg. i guess it can cause early labor or miscarrage. not sure how it does but thats what they had told me at the shop.. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't see how its any different then getting a shot..just make sure everything is in sterile packaging.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• harmful only via infection or if they aim too low and hit the baby...(yes that's a joke)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I got my nose pierced you just have to be very clean about it. make sure everything is in packages and sterlie
    JessieGoins

Answer by JessieGoins at 1:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009