my granddaughter

my husband and i both noticed this.she doesnt seem to have many emotions.she knows her mom and dad.but she doesnt seem to be happy or sad.i dont think shes autistic.she doesnt talk much.she is very quiet and sort of unemotional.maybe she is just an easy baby.she is 12 months.she also isnt very physical.maybeshe is just quiet.thoughts

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she get cranky when she's tired?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• In my opinion, I don't know of any child that age to be emotionless. She should be laughing, playing, learning to walk, crawling, talking or jabbering, a lot of giggling. Maybe she should be seen by her pediatrician to see if something may be wrong with her. Not saying that their is. But like I said, I have never heard of a 12 month old not showing emotions. I don't know maybe I am wrong........
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had a baby in daycare like that. She never laughed or cried. She just looked around. She didn't talk, only played with stuff. Now she is older and you can't tell her from any other school kid.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Im sorry your so panicked in this position. It could be exactly what you think and shes just calm and relaxed.and before you jump and think autism..think maybe devlopmentally delayed. maybe shell come into being more active later than other children...have you talked about this wiht a doc?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• she doesnt get cranky when she is tired she just goes to sleep.she is trying to walk but not much and moving around but very low key.everything is very low key.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would just make sure she is meeting most milestones, but, like I said...I had a very low-key kid in my class and she is where she should be.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would mention it to her doc and see if its cause for concern. My MIL said my DH was the most laid back quiet baby..she said she thought he was retarded. He would play with one toy for hours and be content.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2009