My daughter is 3 and refuses... any advice?

So I started potty training my daughter at 19 months and she was interested. I had another child and now she refuses to even try but just every once in a while. She will be 3 in a couple weeks and I am out of ideas. I have tried explaining to her that my 8 month old, her brother will have to use the potty when he gets a little older but she doesn't seem to understand. She will use the potty at both of her grandparents houses for the most part. She wants to wear pantys so I bought her some and my mom told me to put them on under her diaper. That seemed to work for about 3 days and now I'm back to where I started. Does anyone have any ideas? I could sure use it. Thanks

Jennifer207

Asked by Jennifer207 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I haven't had to potty train yet buuuut, I know that my mom told me that she wouldn't be changing my diaper anymore (I was three) and apparently I just started using the toilet once I had sat in my dirty diaper all day...
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think if she is doing it at other peoples house, it is more of a feeling left out issue. Make her feel extra special about it, say we need to save the Diapers for the baby you are a big girl so you get to wear panty's, and mark a calendar and take her for ice cream alone with you if possible. She needs your attention. Take the Diapers completely away except for bedtime use pull ups. Trust me mother of 4, a few times them feeling wet clothes on them, will make them realize they don't want that.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• A lot of it will be about her getting something she really wants. Which might be one on one mommy time. You could use that as a reward. Tell her that if she goes potty, you will do a special activity just with her when 8 month old sibling is napping.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009