Tying shoes

My 5 year old is learning to tye his shoes. He can do the first part just fine, Make an X with the laces and pull one lace under making a knot, He cant get past that part. Does anyone have any hints or advice? I show him how and he is sitting next to me when I how him but he isn't following me on it.. I am getting so frustrated because we have been working on this for awhile now.

Alexsmom04

Asked by Alexsmom04 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son is having trouble with tying his shoes too. He actually doesn´t even want to keep practicing. He gets so frustrated, and I have no patience to keep my cool when I see how complicated he does it on himself. It feels so good to read that other moms have the same problem with their kids, when it seems that everyone s kid around you knows how to tye shoes. :-(
    Happy Friday!
    Yonca

Answer by Yonca at 6:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• hes just missing the pull part?! have him practice by himself with his shoes off of his feet!! just put the shoes infront of him and make sure the laces are long enough to work.
    Anonymous

• He is having trouble with making bunny ears. His shoes aren't on his feet when we practice and the laces are long enough.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009