HI

OK FOR ME TO START A DAYCARE AT HOME CAN I TAKE CARE AS MANY KIDS I CAN OR DO I NEED A PERMISION OR HOW CAN I START? ,I OLDREADY HAVE 3 OF MY KIDS WITH ME AND 3 AT SCHOOL

maldonado

Asked by maldonado at 12:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you want to get certified. you have to go by your state guidelines...im almost positive theres a limit, and you have to get your house inspected...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You'll need to be licensed, and probably you should have insurance. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 12:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It is the law to get licensed if you are going to do childcare in your home. It is the law in every state. The difference is only in how many children you can watch without being licensed. Most states require you to be licensed for only one unrelated child. Others allow 2-3.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well I have been babysitting for 5 years and all I did was register through the state for tax purposes and that was it (Texas) I only want to watch no more than 5... no more then you can handle. Getting your license would mean you'd want to make a career with this and open a daycare of your own, I am doing this just for now until I am ready to move on... not yet though :)
    I mean at the daycares I believe there are 5 to 10 kids to one teacher. ( I wouldn't want that many kids) unless I had the help. I have 2 in school and I babysit 4 kiddos :) It really isn't that bad when you keep busy with them just make it like a little school...that is what I do before you know the day is gone. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009