does sex really induce labor?? has it worked for anyone???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Worked for me....its not the sex, its the orgasm...it causes your uterus to contract..sent me into labor about an hour after
    Anonymous

• To be honest it did for me. I was pregnant with twins and it worked so well that i ended up going into preterm labor!
    MrsMandie89

Answer by MrsMandie89 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• not all the time
    if your body is physically ready for labor then ya it can
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes, the Orgasm is the important part!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Im due june 13th had sex last night, nothing for me :(
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 12:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No, sex didn't work for me---but we never stopped having sex the entire time I was pregnant...pretty much up until I went into labor.

Nothing "works" unless both your body and your baby are ready.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yes it made me go into preterm labor and they had to stop it the doc told me it was because of the sperm thinning out the uterus or something!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 12:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• YES
    Anonymous

• It's not the sex, it's the big "O" that counts. When you climax it will tighten up your tummy muscles in a pattern. Kind of like labor. If you just have sex, it's not going to matter. You have to go all the way! LOL The more you do this, the more your body will get use to the contractions, and possibly start labor. You have to almost be ready for delivery though, like within a couple of days.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• With my last baby, sex sped up my labor. I had been having contractions for 10 hours, every five minutes, not at all painful. Dh and I had sex (he came in me and I had an orgasm) and I stayed in my bed for 30 minutes. My contractions immediately started coming harder and stronger. I ended up going to the hospital an hour later and had my baby six hours later.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009