Is there a diet that works with my work and mother schedule?

I work nights (third shift) and have my three children during the day when my husband is at college and work. Im having a hard time finding a good diet and sticking to it.

MrsMandie89

Asked by MrsMandie89 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:28 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Have you considered Weight Watchers? You're able to eat the foods you enjoy and still lose weight. No tricks or risky diet pills needed.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2009