Is it wrong for me to collect things from a thrift store and seel it at a consignment store or a garage sale?

just curious,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, you're paying for it, turning around and selling it for a high profit.

It's called business.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Why would it be..hussel and make money any way you can. its not hurting anyone
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No of course not. I hunt around for things I think people would be interested in, then sell them.
    Anonymous

• No I have bought things at yard sales usually antiques and resold them. I don't see anything wrong with it.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No. How do you think antique dealers get their merchandise? If you want to be a successful seller, you have to buy your product. Whether it be a wholesale company, garage sale, thrift store, antique store, or even another seller on eBay or whereever, you have to buy it somewhere.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• thats why i dont put anything in good will boxes.i think it is wrong in every way.sorry
    Anonymous

• HMMM....never thought about selling on Ebay...how would I start???
    Anonymous

• Buy low sell High... My inlaws supplement their income by going to garage sales and thrift stores and selling them on e-bay. If you buy a dvd cleaner you can restore movies and playstation games. They do well.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Wow, I've never heard of this practice before.
    I hope my local thrift stores don't raise their prices because they find out people are doing this around here. Some of us still need to save money on much needed items.
    I see nothing wrong with making a profit on items you already have, but not if it results in the increased expense of others.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• That's what I used to do but I sold it on ebay. If you have any questions about items you pick up let me know. I own the group "Authenticate This please".

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009