AM I NORMAL??

I AM 17 WEEKS PREGO, AND I HAVE ALREADY GAINED CLOSE TO 15 LBS... IS THAT NORMAL? I FEEL LIKE I AM GETTING FAT REALLY FAST....THANKS

RickyKae

Asked by RickyKae at 12:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are gaining too much weight too quickly if you are pregnant with only one baby, the average is 25 to 30 pounds during the pregnancy. Sorry :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think that's pretty normal. You're supposed to gain anywhere from 15-35 lbs while you're pregnant and since you're you're almost halfway through that seems about right. I gained 30 lbs while I was pregnant.

Here's a link from WebMD:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• In my first pregnancy, I gained 15 pounds in each trimester. As long as your doctor says you're not gaining too much, you should be fine.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I've gained about 20 pounds total and I'm just about 19 wks. Each women gains at different rates. I woudn't worry, if you're eating right and excersising you have nothing to be concerned about.
    I was worried at first but, I really didn't gain much through the months, only 3 pounds, which is normal. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i was 18 weeks when i went to the doctors and i gained 14 pounds and she said was good that she wanted me to gain a pound a weeks so it sound normal to me and would not worry about it!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 2:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm almost 35weeks and have gained 35lbs
    Anonymous