will wic give you a special kind of formula or do u have to get a note from the doctor? i started giving my bsby enfamil gentlease cuz he seemed fussy and hes alot better now but i dont know if wic will give me the same kind with out a doctor switching him. does ne one know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Each WIC gives a different brand of formula. Mine offers Enfamil so I can get any kind of Enfamil formula (I get Gentlease). If I needed him on Goodstart or Similac or another brand I would need a note from his doctor.
    Anonymous

• well my son uses similac-neosure with iron b/c his a preemie and my sons dr wrote me a note saying he needs it and they are prying for it
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i pre made kind also....
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If your WIC office gives Enfamil, you can get any type of Enfamil, you just have to let them know. I went through that with my daughter - she was on the gentlease, I just had to let them know and they changed my coupons.

Now, if it was a different brand and you had a medical reason to use it, then you would need a doctor's note.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Here you have to have a Dr note to change even the different kinds within a brand. But it's not hard to get at all, most Dr's will just write it for you trusting you know whats best for your baby.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• im in fortsmith ar, im actually going today to switch him to gentlease n they just said to bring my yellow folder and any unopen cans of teh reg enfamil i have left! no drs note! good luck
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• In Colorado, you have to have a "prescription" before they will switch your formula from the basic Enfamil. It will depend on your states guidelines.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• HERE (LA, CA) YOU NEED NO DOCTORS NOTE WELL ATLEAST AT MY SONS DOCTOR YOU JUST TALK TO THE WIC PPL AND TELL THEM AND GIVE THEM A GOOD REASON FOR WHY YOU WANT TO CHANGE AND THEY WILL CHANGE THE MILK. YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO BRING THE UNOPENED CANS BACK JUST KEEP THEM. HAD TO CHANGE OUR MILK AND THATS WAT HAPPENED
    Anonymous