Can you love someone but not be happy w them?

I have been w my boyfriend for 2yrs. We feel madly in love and were VERY close. For the past 2 months though all we seem to do is argue and get on each others nerves. We have 2 dogs (one he had when we met) and I feel bad but I am not a dog person. They piss and poop on the floor, jump on company, tear up things, ruined a laptop..I love them but I dont like the responsibilty of having dogs. He also wants to tell me how I should handle every detail w my ex husband when it comes to my son. Tells me how to say things or what to say and if I dont do it then I don't respect him..... I resent him but he is a wonderful guy. I have never been treated so well. I am also not attracted to him either. I cant even have orgasm. Last night I just wanted it to be over...what you ladies think? I want it to work..I see roadblocks though

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I see RED FLAGS!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• All I hear is a list of complaints. If you love him, start by listing why. Not just his faults. All you're going to get here is - leave him!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Trust me if this is the way you feel it will not work
    Anonymous

• I love my husband and yet I am not happy with him....He makes jack sh*t and has horrible habits like nose picking in front of me, can be a jerk and not understand why his being a jerk ticks me off. He LOVES TALKING on the phone and gets mad if anyone is on the internet because he wants to use the flipping phone! He would rather be at the hunting shack ......yet when he kisses me or hugs me my heart melts......
    Anyway the situation with your boyfriend is that he is undermining you and disrespecting you, how is that being a great guy??? and if your not a dog person, why are you with him?
    Anonymous

• My now husband was like that when we first moved in together. I flat out told him that he's not my boss or my father and I'm a grown woman and can handle my ex. If I need his help I'll ask. I've also had the "not interested" issue. If you don't want it you will never enjoy it if you know what I mean. You must first fix the emotional issue's then the sex life should just fall into place. Be honest and talk to him...like a man of course. Be open and tell him how you really feel and when your NOT mad!

Good Luck!!!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 2:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ppl come into our lives for a reason and a season. Sounds like his season is up. I'd be packing as we speak.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2009