What is the most rediculous thing you've ever been pulled over for?

My DH and I were coming back from a wonderful day at the lake, and driving through this tiny little podunk town. The man in front of us put on his turn signal as he started to turn onto a side street. So we quickly slowed down and waited for him to S L O W L Y make the turn. Once we got going again, the cop behind us pulled us over. We looked at each other like "WTF?" The officer told us that we were following that man too closely... and he wrote us a warning. We were not following too closely until the dumbass slammed on his breaks to make a turn at 2 MPH!
Am I the only one who thinks small town cops have nothing better to do?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 1:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i got pulled over for following too closely and the SEARCHED! lmao. i allowed him to search my car just because i had nothing to hide.
    i have been pulled over 2 times for a break light being out.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• HA! This past new years eve DH and I got a call from his son asking for a ride home from a party. Of course, we agreed to go and get him. It was around 11:00 pm and a few miles out of town we got pulled over. The office said our license plate was dirty and we needed to wash our car! DUH, we live on a dirt road! We got a warning and then he laughted at us saying, "Well, I'll Be, you folks are in your pajamas". (imaging that with a thick, thick, southern texas accent). hahahaha!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No your not the only one. We have a small town cop that is a moron. He has pulled my husband and I over because we failed to turn our brights off. I guess he forgot they were on... but the cop was whining and whining saying he has a blind spot in his eye and he can hardly see. Finally my husband was like yeah well your spot light back their is blinding me and I have a blind spot in my eye...He pulled my husband out of the car YELLING at him. He reached in our window to open the door instead of using the handle outside. Moron.I was ready to call the police on him for how he was treating him. Same guy pulled over a friend for following the same cop over for following too closely. He laughed and said there were easily 4 car lengths between them.I hate that dumb cop! OH another time he pulled me over for uhm i don't remember something to do with tags or something. He came up to my window asked me if I had bazookas or hand grenades
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• LOL I looked at him and laughed I was like are you serious?! (I was 8 montsh pregnant too) And he was like well in this this town you never know. Being completely serious. Now in our town the biggest crimes involve.... speeding. Seriuosly its terrible.

My brother got pulled over xmas eve on his way to church. The cop admitted he had no reason he just had to meet his quota.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We were visiting in a town we werent familiar with and missed a turn, turned around in a hotel parking lot, the place didnt look very decent to begin with, but we got pulled over as we were leaving, the officer asking if we bought drugs while we were there and could he search us. I guess the place was a known place for dealers to live for weeks at a time, and the cop thought we had just pulled inand had someone sell us something through thte window and thats why we just drove in and out again.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Running a stop sign that was behind a tree, and not even at an interection and there was no cross street. No signs on the ground either. It was just a random stop sign hidden behind a tree on a back road at night. And highway patrol happened to be right behind me. It was almost as if it were a set up.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We got pulled over for speeding at 3 am driving back to NC from Arkansas. We had been in the car for 13 hours, and had spent the last 3 with 2 screaming 2 year olds. We were on a back country road, going down a hill. Hubby has the brights on because there was NO street lights, there was a cop sitting at the bottom of the hill that we didnt see until we had passed him so my hubby didnt get a chance to turn off his brights. He wasnt speeding b/c I looked at the meter and he was only going 57 in a 55 going DOWN HILL. Well the cop pulled us over saying we were doing 70 (not even close). He was a real jerk, and proceeded to shine his flashlight in my back window right in my daughters face, waking her up. He didnt give us a ticket, thank God, but we know we werent speeding and he only pulled us over because out brights pissed him off.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• we were visting my mother and we had pulled over to get ice off our wipers. There was a cop sitting there watching us. It took us 5 minutes to get the wipers free of ice and to de-frost the windsheild. As we were getting ready to leave, the cop pulls in behinds us and comes up to my husbands window and says, did you know that you were going 35 in a 25. I was like what? we have been sitting here for a good 5 minutes. How could we have been going 35 in a 25 when we werent even moving? The cop was like well you did, so Im gonna have to write you a ticket. I was pissed. The guy was clearly a few bricks short of a load, but come on! can you really be that stupid!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I was driving to work and a motor cycle cop had some other gut pulled over. The cop walked in front of my jeep and yelled stop just like in the cartoons for gods sake. He walked up to my window and told be to wait. In the mean time I took off my seat belt and leaned over to the glove box and got out my ins and reg while he finishes with the other guy. I had never had a ticket up to this point in my life and i was 27. The cop comes back and simply says I am giving you 2 tickets, one for failing to obey a traffic ordinance, which meant that  he knows I was going faster then the posted speed limit sign of 35, $230 bucks and than a seat belt ticket..the worst of it is i decided to fight it so i show up to court on the day written on my ticket only to find out that it was the day before and the lady said I miss read the ticket. I didnt have the $ to pay so I didnt license, suspended. in all $700 to fix

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I only get pulled over for random dumb stuff!
    Failing to signal a turn
    I was exiting off a highway and went on the shoulder too soon before the exit
    I was in the right lane and a cop was coming onto the highway..she pulled me over for being in her way, she said she was on her way to a emergency call...I asked then why did she pull me over if she was in a hurry....she searched my car tested me for drinking....then had the car towed! I had just had my license for about 12 hours...and she claimed I didn't have a license...she dumped me off in a bad neighborhood.
    Mind you I was 16, pregnant, blonde and it was 11 at night..perfect prey for the pimps!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009