Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you work at home and collect disability insurance?

I am going to go off on medical leave for several months. I know there are some work from home jobs where you receive phone calls for companies. I was thinking of doing this but not sure if that will mess up my disablity pay. I only make 70% of my pay so I am trying to figure out a way to make up the other 30%. Although I will not do it if it can jeporadize my insurance pay.

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • You can work but I'm pretty sure you can only make so much ( set amount)or you won't get it anymore.

    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

  • Assuming it's private disability insurance, Check with your insurance company. If it's Federal Disability, check with your caseworker. There are limits on how much you can make.
    customcat2000

    Answer by customcat2000 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

  • this is through my employer so private. My dr would let me work from home but my company won't let me.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

  • Yes, you can , there is a limit to how much you will make. If you choose to stop the disability because you can make more working from home, you should think about that too.
    nanaevelyn

    Answer by nanaevelyn at 12:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

  • Legally, I don't know. But I take surveys for "under the table" cash. It's only a couple hundred per month , but it's free and won't ask for a credit card or ID.
    I have posted pictures of the payments I received, as proof.

    http://thebestfreepaidsurveys.blogspot.com/
    home_teachin

    Answer by home_teachin at 1:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.