Medical Transcriptionist

Is there anyone that has gone to school and is currently a medical transcriptionist? I have been thinking real hard about going to school for this career. Please tell me the good, the bad, and ugly in this field. Was schooling tough? How much do you get paid? What are the likes and dislikes. Can you work from home. Thanks everyone!!

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 1:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Most companies require at least 2 years experience, I'm an MT Student at Career Step. I love it, I take my time and there are different ways to pay tuition.

There are a few ways that I know where you would not have to pay for training with Career Steps Program.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well, as I have said many times, you do not have to go to school for this field. If you have any type of medical experience and/or typing, you can do it. Buy yourself a medical dictionary, and get to work. I always recommend Mtdaily because sometimes companies do not require a lot of work experience to start. I, of course, started my own home business, but I am not sure how many offices will release their Physician Notes anymore with all the new laws out there. Do some inquiring and check it out. BUT, you do not need to spend money to go to school.
    Anonymous