Corny name?

I am due june 13th and my SO's name is Timothy Jason (has been called TJ his WHOLE life, even came home from school one time when he was like 5 saying he wasnt going back to school cuz the teacher was calling him names...she called him tim and timothy lol) well we are expecting a son and he wanted the initials TJ so we are nameing our baby Tristan James....is this corny and I keep hearing "Tristan" is a girls name lol

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 1:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I only know Tristan boys. And I think it is cute and not corny.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't think its corny, my brother is Tyler James, and i have another brother who is Timothy James but i have aunt who is Tristan i think it could be a girl or boy name! I like it!!!
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 1:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• hell no girl you do what you want it is your child and i think it is a beautiful name for a boy good luck hope you dont get over due! ( if it happens i did not gynks you lol)
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think Tristan might have been the lead characters name in the movie, Legends Of The Fall. (Brad Pitt)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I like it. :)
    Cameron is a boy's name and some how Cameron Diaz got it...lol or spelled Kamryn
    I once knew a lady she had a baby girl and she named her baby Ryan. So go for Tristan if it sounds different to people so what it is a nice name.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have never heard tristan as a girls name
    JessieGoins

Answer by JessieGoins at 1:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• TY all :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 1:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I know about 6 girls named Tristan and have never heard it as a boys name. Then again I always thought Casey was a girls name and come to find out like 10 guys I went to school were named Casey even famous men! LOL Tristan does sound like a boys name though, so go for it.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• its very nice
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think it's really cute and not corny at all. I've heard Tristan for boys and girls. Congrats and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009