Planning to formula feed...

I tried to breastfeed my daughter and after weeks it wasn't happening. I pumped for the 1st 3 months.... I'm pregnant and planning on formula feeding from the start This is probably a way stupid question but do I take formula to the hospital with me when I have the baby? Or do they have formula to give the baby for the time you are in the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They give you formula, they give you these little bottles with nipples and you just pop the nipple on and feed your baby. They also send you home with some as well. I tried BF as well with both my kids but my daughter made them scab so she couldn't eat for 4 days so she got used to the bottle. My son didn't want the boob at all, I'm glad I formula fed them because it was easier on me and they are as healthy as can be. I don't think it's bad to not BF some people are just rude about it. Do as you feel formula now days has everything and more that babies need to grow. But again they give you the formula there.
    Anonymous

• They give it to you...but, you should at least try first, then, go for the formula.
    Anonymous

• they give it to you but i wold try to breast feed again all babies are different it might be easier this time it was a lot easier for me with my 2nd
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 1:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• This is a different baby and a different time in your life, You may find breastfeeding easier. It is worth trying at least.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They do have formula at the hospital. But, it may not be the brand you want to use. I would call them and ask.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It's actually a problem with my nipples... so I don't think it's changed much. haha
    Anonymous

• They give you some but you can bring your own if you like. Also, if you don't want to try and breastfeed, NP. Your choice and don't let anyone tell you different. It's not like we don't know that breast is best.
    Anonymous

• they have lactation consultants, but if you want to formula feed there is nothing wrong with it! ;) good luck to you mama
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 1:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They have formula there. If you have already decided on a specific formula to try, tell them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They give you some. At the hospital i had mine at it was Similac Advance (the blue package). And they had it in the 2 oz nursettes for babies. It was already mixed. All you did was screw on a dipple and feed baby. Then dispose of when done. In the bag they gave me when i left it had a bottle of that in the ready to feed kind also. I thingk usually the hospitals have that kind of the enfamil in the yellow can. Unless the baby is premie or underweight. Then they have the special formular for that. However, if you would prefer to use a certain kind (like similac organic or soy or something) they yes you can bring your own.Jus tmake sure you tell them you did or when they take the baby to clean it up, they may give it a bottle of theres.
    Anonymous