Could she be ready to potty train?

My daughter is 20 months old, and recently has been taking her diaper off CONSTANTLY! It's not horribly hot, and I don't leave her in a soiled diaper... but every chance she gets, she takes the diaper off. A few times, she has taken it off and then gone on the floor. But when I put her on the potty, she thinks I'm being funny.
I just got my stubborn 3 yr old son potty trained, and I don't feel like fighting with my almost 2 yr old over it now. UGH!
Do you feel like she's really ready, or just having fun taking it off? She isn't showing the same "cues" my son did....

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 1:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE MAY BE READY.I WOULD AT LEAST GIVE IT A TRY.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would make it fun, but let her know if she take offf her diaper she has to sit on the potty. See if she gets it and if not then just try to get her to leave the diaper on.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Just make it matter-of-fact. Every hour or so ask her if she has to go potty and sit on the potty next to her if possible. That's what I do with my daughter who is 23 months. We have been at it since April though. During the day I keep her in panties so she immediatly knows she wet. I can'r say she is potty trained because she only sometimes goes on her own she is really basically holding it until I direct her to the pot. Just make sure there are NO consequences for going in diapers or underware. I started potty training because she was ALWAYS taking off her diaper. When she pees in her diaper I say "Did you pee-pee in your diaper (or panties)? We go pee-pee in the potty" In a pleasent but informative way. I don't want her to feel bad about it at all just repeating it so it will click when she is ready.
    Wh1tney

Answer by Wh1tney at 2:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009