• In the Spotlight:

What are signs, other than the usual listed ones, that labor is about to start?

Ive heard the usual, dropping/lightening, braxton-hicks, loss of mucous plug, nesting, water breaking... But are there any other signs? Like real signs that people don't usually like to talk about? With my first I was so excited at first contraction, I forgot to pay attention to other things that were happening, and with this one, my body has been completely different, so Im just all around confused.

GMama07

Asked by GMama07 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly i didn't notice any weird signs or anything. My daughter was 2 days overdue and i lost my mucus plug at 5am (which didn't happen with my son) and i woke up at 7am in labor. I was actually concentrating really hard with her too, just to see if i could find another way to know she was coming but no such luck. Sorry i know it doesn't help but you can never really tell when you are going to go into labor.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I just tought of one but i don't know how unusual it is. The last 2 days i was pregnant with my daughter i was soooo sick i actually missed the toilet (sorry tmi) but i had morning sickness with her the whole pregnancy and never missed except the last 2 days. Maybe that is a sign. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I got the poops pretty bad...
    Anonymous

• some people don't really have any signs.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 3:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009