is there a such thing as a false positive pregnancy test

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's extremely rare, they say most false positives are a result of chemical pregnancies or it just never developes and you miscarry without knowing it. A test will only come out positive is you are producing HcG and you only produce that if you are pregnant!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• YES! Your hormones are alwasy changing. But, to be safe live as if you are and go see a Dr.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 1:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• YES!!!! When I was 19 I went to the dr because I had a bad cold, for some reason they decided to give me a pregnancy test and it turned out positive. I cried and cried. I called my mom and took five more tests over the next two days and they all came out negative, so I called the dr back and told him what was going on. Finally a blood test said I was negative and the dr apologized.

....but you know, they never did do anything about that horrible cough I had!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 1:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I've heard it is very, VERY uncommon.
    mylittlemonkee

Answer by mylittlemonkee at 1:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• mylittlemonkee is very right, they are very uncommon. I think the reason that happened to me is because I started the depo shot the month before so my body was adjusting to the hormones in the shot.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 1:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• hcg horomone in the body gives a positive either pregnant with child or chemical pregnancy no other way
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009