Where did my toddler learn to french kiss?

I'm going to be scarred for life. Heck it was going out of my comfort zone just to do kisses on the lips with my kid (my fiance started the trend). I'm so icked out. We never kissed like that in front of him just for this reason! But my little boy tried to slip me the tongue any way!

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 1:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter used to do it too. She would end up like licking my lip in the process. I think it is just something some kids do. Now, she does cute little closed mouth kisses. She went from open mouth kisses, to the lick thing, back to open mouth kisses, now she does closed kisses. She is 15 months old now.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• does he watch t.v. Disney movies?

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Thats too cute! They just do that, its funny and they love the reaction they get from you. I would just ignore it and think nothing of it. As for kissing your baby....there is absolutly nothing "icky" about it! You should always show your baby you love them.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My DD1 used to do that at around 2 or 3, and I'd go, "NO!!! That is NOT how you kiss mommies!!!" LOL! I have to friggin' clue where she got it from, maybe because they have tongues, they figure it has to go somewhere?
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• LOL awww my 22 month old does that too.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Oops, I meant "no" friggin' clue, lol. Pregnant brain.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009