I am looking for a good book to give my brother to help him stay clean.HELP

My brother will be getting out soon and I want to give him more than my say to help him stay clean. I want a good book that I can get him interested in (he does read ) that will help explain all the reasons it is good be clean and stay clean from drugs.
Thanks a ton guys!
Much love!

san-1

Asked by san-1 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Health

• Fireproof the dvd may help if he is married or has a g/f
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know about books but on youtube you can compile vids of testomonials from people who are recoveringaddict...some are very inspirational. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoL5dF3qSYY&feature=channel_page

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Im sorry to say but the only thing that will keep your brother clean is your brother. He has to want it and untill he does he will continue. Good luck too you. I have been on both sides of addiction and its a long hard road.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Go to a bookstore and check out the chemical dependent section,they have some good ones.I would give him a mans journal,so he could write down his feelings about why he wants to do drugs and buy him a fancy pen with it,one that's good for writing and all this will help him stay clean.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If he is a believer in Jesus Christ as his personal savior then the BIBLE is the best book for him. Other than that there are some really good books at www.nogreaterjoy.org that may be of some help. I would also suggest some herbals that I know about if you are interested. Also a good christian friend that is staying clean to lean on would be good.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 4:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I know just the place for you to go to. www.reformu.com
    On there they have many many different biblical tools for getting and keeping your life CLEAN! NOT JUST CLEAN FROM DRUGS ALTHOUGH THEY CERTAINLY HAVE THAT.. AND NOT JUST CLEAN FROM ALCOHOL OR WHAT EVER YOUR OTHER VICES ARE.. BUT FOR YOUR MIND, BODY AND SOUL... WHAT A WONDERFUL PROGRAM.
    AND YES... THE BIBLE IS THE FIRST BOOK BUT THE REFORMER BOOKS.. ARE TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BIBLE SO IT IS A UNIFIED FRONT.. GOOD LUCK
    RepentantSinner

Answer by RepentantSinner at 4:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Hi GarlicMom,
    What if the brother is not Christian?
    Anonymous

• Awe thank you guys so much! He has already been reading the bible, I just wanted something else to go along with it. Ill check out your suggestions :)
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• get him on the med. chantrix
    Anonymous