Eczema

Hi all --

My son is 3 1/2 and has suffered with eczema his whole life. It seems like it starts to get better and then he has a terrible outbreak. Now that allergy season is in full bloom, the poor little guy is miserable. The doc gave us this steroid cream, which I hate to give him.... I usually dilute it with a huge amount of vaseline.... does anyone know of any remedies that actually work? Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Health

• tea tree oil shampoo in a bath like bubble bath!
    honey tea/lemonade to drink
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My DH's aunt uses baking soda in the bath and her daughter looks great and she also uses Aveeno baby lotion for Eczema. It works great, she stays away from any kind of soap or shampoo, if she uses shampoo it's unscented so it doesn't agrevate(spelling I know) the skin. Maybe try these things to help, I hope he gets better poor thing!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My husband has dry skin,his face peels not exactly eczema but he uses Lubriderm unscented lotion for dry skin and it works for him.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• we have had decent luck with the aveeno baby super moisturizing lotion. it says on the package even works for eczema. i have it, but i'm 30 and use a cream for it. my daughter's is getting so bad that i'm thinking about asking the dr for an rx for her.
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• A+D ointment applied to the area right after a bath.

Swimming in a chlorinated pool.

Anonymous

• have you thought about his diet? my son gets bad outbreaks when he eats dairy products
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I second the tea tree oil treatment.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• First, eliminate dairy from his diet.
    If Eucerin isn't working, get a jar of coconut oil. Make sure that he staying well hydrated with lots of water. Keep him far away from processed sugar.
    Really, no dairy is the key.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009