how can i deal while ttc - i have 5, yes FIVE friends who all just announced being pregnant...

i on the other hand - and having infertility issues, and i am going through a real hard emotional time. how can i not be "cold" towards them - half of them weren't even trying, of course..... i don't mean to be unhappy for them - its just been difficult. they KNOW what i have been going through - and they are SOOO excited to tell me thier news - but ugghhh.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• First I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Second I myself am pregnant for the fourth time, just right after having a baby 6 months ago. I have a friend that has been wanting a baby for a very long time, but found out that she as fertility issues as well. I feel so bad for her, that I'm not even going to tell her. she will probably find out through my SIL when we tell her. I just can't stand to see her look so sad again.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Im sure it is very hard for you but you will just have to try to be happy for them. Maybe you could find a way to be involved witht hte baby shopping and help them with their babies while you are ttc...just to get some bay holding in. Im not sure if that could help or make it hurt worse. Im soory you are going thru that!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you. I guess I am in the situation of your friends, all though we were TTC. My best friend & I started TTC the same month. That month I got pregnant. I know she has fertility issues w/ her PCOS & I didn't know how to tell her that I was already pregnant. I decided that she would be the first to know. I took her out to lunch & I announced that I was pregnant. I told her that this was bitter sweet because I was happy that I was pregnant but I was sad b/c she wasn't. I made the day really about us as friends, not just my big news. I didn't want to seem like I was "bragging" about my pregnancy. She says that she's coping with it well & she seems really excited for me. She did tell me that what helped her deal with it was the fact that I made a bigger deal out of our friendship & I didn't just call her like she was a number on a list...
    Anonymous

• Simple solution. I hope you like it because it will save you shower gift money you will need for diapers when you baby is born after you do conceive (and you will, positive thinking and baby dust!). Borrow their kids on a alternating mon-fri schedule. They will be grateful for a day off and you will be more than ready to give the last one back on Friday! lol.
    Anonymous

• BGF went through serious fertility issues, drugs, IUI, IVF, donor eggs, years of hell and tons of money. Nothing worked. She spent most of that time shutting people out who loved her because they got pregnant. She didn't celebrate their pregnancies because it was too hard for her. They finally adopted a 1 YO boy and that made things better, but not much, she was still angry and bitter at other women who could get pregnant. Everyone walked on eggshells with her. As her very best friend I totally toned down anything that had to do with my pregnancies and my kids to not hurt her. Well guess what? Last year she got pregnant and had a beautiful baby boy. Everyone went ape sh/t over her and how special it was. Would have been nice if she was there for everyone else during their time too. I know its hard, I do, but these people in your life deserve your joy, as you will expect theirs when your time comes.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry! But, just be happy for them and RELAX! It will happen when it's the right time.

Good Luck
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 3:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Hi, I'm in the same boat as you, currently having 4 friends that announced their pregnancy too... Was super stressful on my part as I have been TTC since last Nov. I think it was juz god's will & fated... Don't worry & don't give up, our chance will be here soon....
    chip211074

Answer by chip211074 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 8, 2009