i know this place shouldn really be where to ask this.. about exercising after 2 weeks of giving birth

can i start doing abdominals and all exercises for the abdomen already? i just wanna have flat abs and want to start working on it!

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 2:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would really wait. Your body isn't healed yet, and if you start so soon you run the risk of starting to bleed heavily again.

Ask your doctor. They will know best, but mine said I needed to wait until I stopped bleeding before I did anything.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• sadly though after pregnancy you can pretty much kiss flat abs goodbye....most women aren't celebrities, and live with a small or large pooch for good no matter how much exercise you do. Plus with only 2 weeks having gone by I think it may just be too early to start trying, the muscles need more healing time. But usualy exercises that target the abdomen like crunches really don't do any good, an all over cardio workout is your best bet....you can start simply by walking or doing a workout video like Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds, The Biggest Loser, Tae Bo, whatever you like!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• As long as you had a vaginal devliery without complications you should be fine to start light exercise.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would wait and ask your dr
    ccpniowa2007

Answer by ccpniowa2007 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009