93% lean hamburger meat?????

Is it okay to eat this while trying to eat healthy / diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You would be better of to eat turkey. It is much more lean. It never makes any fat and it's just as delicious.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Also a serving of meat should be the size of the palm of your hand.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yep. ON weight watcher's, I ate it all the time and lost weight. On their plan, I ate McDonalds burgers and fries and still lost weight. It's not what you eat necessarily as how much you eat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I eat that all the time. I tried to eat lean ground turkey but Im just not a fan of it...even though the kids couldnt tell the difference. I always buy 93/7 meat...very tasty
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It's not what you eat but how much you eat!! Just like someone said above!! Eat in moderation but not the size of your palm that is plain stupid! If it's the size of my palm then I'm stacking it high!!!
    Anonymous

• Anon - a serving of meat is the roughly the size of your palm. a more accurate description is the size of a deck of cards.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i agree with the its not what you eat but how much if you stop eating when you feel about 80% full then by the time the singals in your body get all around youll feel 100 % full . dont stuff your self. eat actual severings not big portions
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You (and your budget and your family) would be much better off eating lentil, beans, tofu, seitan, etc. They are loaded with fiber (which meat lacks), protein, calcium, and iron (especially beans).
    Feel free to contact me for recipes and meal plans.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009