A question for all your step parents out there

Hypothetically speaking~ If your biological child has a game at the same time as your step child, whose game would you attend? And would you attend the step child's just because your partner wanted you to? Or on the other hand, would you expect your SO to have to make that choice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would go to my DD's and let him go to his DD's If it were just me going, then I would try to split the time if they were close enough, or go to one one weekend and the other the next.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Depends: is one more important than the other? Do you and the step child get along? Is the SO fAther to both kids? (if so i would go to step's and SO go to "not steps" game-if that makes sense)
    Is one more jealous than the other??? TONS of questions, so im not sure how to answer that until im in the position or have more info :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 2:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would say okay I'm off tell ( the step child's name I hope they have a great game ) and go to my child's and he can go his his child's but that's just me

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 2:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If that was the case here, DH would go to SS's game and I would go to bio-child's game....unless one was a HUGE game and the other not so important, like a championship or something, or if one child was starting pitcher and other was on the bench...would all depend. Also ages of the kids would determine which was more important....frequency of games too. Too many factors, but like I first said, if all was equal we'd each go to a different game.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• personally I think if there are two at the same time each of the Step parents should go to the step child's game to show support. That way no one's feelings get hurt. Step dad is with his step child and step mother is with her step child. We had that happen but both were playing at the same ball complex. We had to play musical chairs going back and forth but we did it and that was before cell phones so we could call each other and tell the other when the child was up at bat and to come running!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• That's a tough one. If they had this problem every week I would say both go to one game one week and the other's game the other week. Either that or one attends each game, then switch the next week. A goes to C's game and B goes to D's game then switch and A goes to D's game and B goes to C's game. Something like that.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• this is eventually going to happen in my house my boys are only 2yrs apart lol..it would be a rotation if its my turn to go to step sons game then my son will understand that daddy will be there and mommy will be with his brother. or the other way around..me and my hubby have decided that if the games are at the same time we would rotate who goes where other wise we both would attend everyones games.
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• This happens to me all the time. Last year my 3 were on different teams, DH went to my SSs game, I went to my DSs game. This year my SS and one of my DS are on one team and my other DS is on another team. We play it by ear on the days they have games that clash. I just try to make sure I don't skip too many of one teams games. Its a never ending headache!!!
    Anonymous